Tuesday, 1 January 2013

"Simply to live?"

Why call this blog "Simply to Live?" Two reasons, really.

1. Simply to Live! 
I'm on about life! I love making the most of it, enjoying all the things our bodies can do, beautiful sea views or from moutaintops - all the wonderful things around us. But sometimes these things are hard to see. I'm on about 'living' those bits too. Just 'living' is a privilege. And it's so great to learn that young.

I also have a bit of a wacky life now after a few big atypical decisions. So wacky that sometimes my friends find that hard to follow. I get to do so many exciting (often unusual) things, I recently deemed my life blog-worthy. Who knows, maybe starting my own blog might also help me to slow down and reflect on all my 'living.' As I am learning, too much of a good thing isn't always good!

2. Simply to Live
I think it's totally liberating to discover what you actually need to live - then you don't need to worry that you won't have enough {whatever} to afford it. I love my God who never fails to provide for me as beautifully as He has clothed the lilies of the field. I've also had to get rid of lots of 'stuff' recently. There's nothing quite like standing among once-treasure-now-trash to make you realise how much life isn't about that. Simple joys :)

(But I do 25-words-or-less competitions because if that's how God is going to grant me a European holiday, who am I to stand in his way?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment