"Oh moving's the worst"
Yea, it was pretty manic. It felt that way especially whenever I chanced upon the thought in my mind in the lead up. But boy was I thankful for good help from a friend (a self-titled 'underdog') who guessed (accurately) that I didn't have much idea what I was doing, let alone manpower. So he, very kindly, turned up with my brother, a ute and shared a few tips. Boy, was I thankful.
Did you know you can ask your local supermarket for their used boxes? This was his tip and a revelation to me. And meant I didn't have to spend anything on packing boxes and could keep going back when I needed more. Sure, I ended up with a bit of a reputation at the local Woolies, but what's that for convenience?
(thankful also for my former life as a box packer)
Now I'm living with a Chinese-Egyptian family I met through their take-away shop. When I was working on campus, their chicken naan was the cheapest option when I forgot to bring food from home. I was quite the regular - now I live with them. Well, I guess some might call that usual... :p




No comments:
Post a Comment